15 October 2008

Torturing Bob

Got a new camera today - an Olympus Stylus 770 SW. It has 7.1 mega pixels, waterproof to 33 feet and shockproof up to 5 feet. I leave on a cruise with Bonne in a week and a half then we will be in Maui in November - I thought it would be fun to actually photograph what I was seeing while snorkeling. This camera got good reviews on photo quality - so my good friend Mr. Amazon sent me one.

I decided that since it was raining and Bob was already wet, he wouldn't mind being dunked head first into my tub so I could photograph something. I had asked Ryan to do the exact same thing and he said no. Bob was reluctant at first. Today was the first time I went in the back yard and couldn't find him. Put 'mind reader' on the list of things Bob can do. I finally found him hiding behind the shed. He seems happy enough, don't you think?
Hopefully, when I am in the water, I will be able to work out the half in / half out photo - I think they are cool. I can't seem to get rid of the blurry strip:

It takes pretty good photos out of the water also. This is my test shot. Basically because I can take the photo while sitting at my desk. The camera has a wider angle lens than my SLR - it cannot fit all this in to one photo:

All in all, I have had a pretty good 'wet' day. Bob is still in my tub, I told him he could swim for a while before putting him back outside. It looks like he may not know how:

2 comments:

Cherri said...

I think your blur is from ripples - so quit moving the water! I'm sorry Bob can't swim. Apparently he can hold his breath forever though, so you should be okay. Have fun on your trips. I wish I was going.

Val and Marceil said...

It looks to me like Bob has drowned. Does Charlie have any use for a drowned dead cat? She probably doesn't care. If she cared she would have dived into the tub and rescued him. Don't leave Bob in the water too long because he will bloat up and start to stink.