22 October 2008

Blog Block

Put a tracker on my blog for fun one day and got quite a surprise. To my amazement, there are many people who read / visit it daily. Since my family had given up on me except my mom and dad and Cherri, I assumed it was sort of a demented journal. I have also received compliments on my writing so I know many of those near me that read it, but there are those in Dallas, and Virginia, Pennsylvania, Minnesota and Nevada - whom I don’t know and am at quite a loss for words.
Literally. At a loss for words. I call it ‘blog block’. All of a sudden I feel I need to produce something and since everything I write – to me – is a load of crap, I am stuck. All of a sudden a blog from a friend named Liz comes to mind where she started a blog then was all ‘what should I write about, should I take pictures, is it worth this?’. For me – writing is therapeutic and if I wanted it private – I would have password protected it a long time ago – so you are all welcome into my own little crazy world!

But some days things just don’t come out of my fingers. Most days I sit at the computer and tell myself it is like an English class for college (I loved college, so when I say that, I mean just for fun!). Write a paper – quick! Pick a subject – now …. go! And I just type something – but now …. blog block. I will work on it.

4 comments:

Cherri said...

Whoa- don't check Lori's blog for a couple of days and you feel like you've missed a ton! What do you mean, writer's block? Have fun on your trip and feel bad for me stuck in front of students who really can't imagine "when they'll ever use this stuff!"

Lori Hurst said...

Yeah, writers block at that second in time. I can write about Jessie with my hands tied behind my back!

Laura said...

Where do you get such cool stuff to add to your blog?

Lori Hurst said...

Call me. Or click on anything you are interested in - in most cases it will take you to the web site. My two slide shows are my photos at two different places (photobucket and googles picasa web album - don't be suprised - you will already have photos there - the ones you have uploaded onto your web page). Click on the counters and you will find the free one and the one that comes with the statistics. You just need to embed the html code in a gadget. I mainly did them to prove to myself that I could do it.