20 October 2008

Hide Your Puppies!!!

Well, back to wanting to kick puppies ... again. I am not proud of it, but there it is. Checked off three items on my To Do list and rewarded myself by getting a Sonic Diet Coke with cherry and lime. Of course I drove - would have actually accomplished one more thing on my To Do list had I walked in this beautiful weather. While I was out, might as well be lazier and pick up the mail I failed to pick up Saturday ... since I was so busy doing nothing.

There is nothing that can pull you out of a funk like wanting to kick some ass. Got a letter from Jessie's High School saying that she had incurred 4 unexcused absences and I was in violation of the "Compulsory Attendance law, Section 25.085, Texas Education Code" which is punishable up to $200.00 each day absent. Just so you know - never been sent this letter - even when Ryan runs away from home and skips school - I am smart enough to send some lame ass excuse to the school ... man, how stupid are people that there has to be a letter and law like this?

Well, ain't that nice. Tells me to 'immediately' call the attendance office to speak with them - criminal that I am now. So I have been calling for 2 hours just to get voice mail. Of course they are not the one's that I am going to boot in the butt. Tried to call Angie - the social worker at Richmond State School to find out what was going on without the dates Jessie was absent, but ... of course, voice mail. I did not trust myself to leave a calm, reasonable message, so now I am just looking for puppies to kick. Charlie is no where to be found.

Frustrating when I have no control over this situation, and Jessie loves school, so I really want an explanation. Hope it does not make me want to drown kitties.....

Apparently being depressed and mad as hell at the same time brings out the 'potty mouth' in me ... sorry.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know a guy who knows a guy... can get you some puppies, untraceable... lemme know.

Lori Hurst said...

Thanks!! I'll let you know. A girl has to have options....

Sarah said...

If you want to drown kitties, I've seen this psycho cat hanging around lately. He's carrying around what looks like a string of christmas lights so it could be interesting.