20 October 2008

Depression

I have ups and downs when it comes to depression. I am sure reading my blog this is apparent to a reader more than it is to me. One day I am fine, the next thing you know, I am walking through a parking lot to a Chinese restaurant with my husband, and suddenly ominous black clouds come rolling in. And in that minute, I know a storms a comin’.

Years ago I swore off anti-depressant pills – they make me someone that I am not. I realized this one horrifying day back when I was throwing up from Lyme Disease medication and had to go off all my meds. A few days later Gary said “You’re back”. I will never forget the realization that, yes, I was me again, where had I been and how long had I been gone?

The trick, I have decided, is getting rid of the clouds and finding the sun again.

I have yet to figure out how….

No comments: