16 October 2008

Karma

Apparently blogging about your Yearly Well Woman Exam can turn the Health gods against you. Have received exactly two calls from my doctor - which I should explain is a general practitioner who does Well Woman Checks so I got a complete physical also. The first was about my cholesterol. To prepare apparently I ate a stick of butter the night before since the results were through the roof. Pretty much they told me I was one of the walking dead. Put me on medication and said to come back in 3 months. Got a call yesterday and they left me a message to call immediately. That never sounds good ....

Well they had left for the day - so in my frustration, I decided to drown Bob and forget about it until exactly 8:01 this morning when I called back. They had my pap back and there were some cells they didn't like - squamous cells to be exact. Oh, and come back and we can do this all over again in 6 months! They said 'it was nothing, but could be pre-cancerous' (what part of that sentence seems weird to you?). Google 'squamous' and you get 'squamous cell carcinoma' EVERYWHERE. My good friend Wikipedia didn't have much good to say about it and had lovely photos to go with it. I'm not worried - I'm scheduled for a heart attack before I ever die of cancer - cool - quicker.

In that vein, I found Ryan and Gary the other night shopping for treadmills. They went out to Academy, were all fired up about it. It showed up on Saturday - the day after they gave me the news that I was going to die of a heart attack (actually they said it was probably hereditary since it just can't be that high - so thanks mom and dad - and medication should take care of it). So I'm thinkin' the treadmill delivery was a sign.

We put it together on Sunday - I had paid the delivery people to take it upstairs - being it weighed 260 pounds - I didn't want Gary and Ryan doing it. After putting it together, we promptly declared Sunday a day of rest and ignored it.

As you can see - we have decided what the upstairs family room is going to be when it grows up. We have not moved the furniture around / out yet, but the treadmill is in the perfect spot to watch TV, so I like it - I can also look to my right and see the family room downstairs - and watch the boys sitting, watching TV and eating Cheetos (kidding - I do it while they are gone). Speaking of the boys - each have been on it only once. I on the other hand have used it daily - put a gold star on my forehead. It does not hurt that I got the new year (last year) of CSI from Mr. Amazon (I don't watch TV - hate the commercials but do watch my favorite series on DVD) and told myself that I could only watch it while walking at 3 miles per hour .... up hill. Seems to be working.

So now I have two appointments to make - one for 3 months away where they will just take my blood probably/hopefully while I am fully clothed, and another 6 months away where I am sure I will be taking more photos of my feet. THIS is what you get for going to the doctor!

I wonder what this blog will get me ......

1 comment:

Cherri said...

This blog will get you lots of friends - you are addictive - I have to see what you have come up with next. You get several gold stars on your forehead. Nothing like a call from your doctor to wake you up to the need to do something about your health. That is great for motivation, if nothing else! Way to go, Lori, keep up the good work and keep up the walking. I iron while I watch movies - like somehow I am more virtuous that way!