24 October 2008

Scoutmaster's Wife

Campouts. Not my style anymore - too much dirt, too many bugs, too many hard surfaces and too little soft.

This is one job that seems to ooze over into everyone in the house at the time. The packing, the shopping for food, getting the trailer, packing the trailer, filling up the water jugs, the phone calls, last minute cancellations, last minute boy additions, food redo's. I don't know how he does it all.


I am just glad I am only the wife ... and thankful he has finally pulled out of the driveway...

4 comments:

Laura said...

I'm thankful that 2 of my boys got to have Gary as a Scoutmaster.

Lori Hurst said...

Thanks - he does a good job. He makes me tired just watching him. He knows how to set up a boy to get his Eagle.

Jennifer said...

Andy's camping out there with him. He knows better than to involve me in the packing. Or the shopping. There would no way those loaves of Sunbeam white bread would've made the cut.

Sarah said...

I love Gary. When I see him with Matthew I understand better what it means to "magnify one's calling". It makes me want to do better as well. He is truly a blessing to the boys in Richmond ward.