09 October 2008

Gary's Baby Dolphins

Nah, not that kind of 'dolphin' ....
THIS kind of dolphin: (OK, and the title should read: 'Garys Babys Dolphins'...)

Don't ask me, I have no clue about any of this. When Gary sent me the photos yesterday labeled: "Mooring Dolphin Progress and Photos", I was all "Cool - that is nice - what a lovely photo of Venice in the background ... would like to go there someday". Then promptly forgot them.

Today he sent me photos of his baby in place off the shore of Venice with one of the 'dolphins' installed. I said that I was going to use one of the photos of the dolphins being towed out since I liked the photo of Venice in the background even though it was not a structure he designed. This seemed to upset him, since apparently it is a structure he designed and asked: "Why do you think I had all those trips to Venice?" I shot back that we had lived in Norway for like two whole years and I was still a bit fuzzy on why we lived there, what's a few trips to Venice in the big scheme of things?

So - apparently I have no idea what my husband does at work - I do know the important things - like if he drops dead at work I get a boatload of money - important things like that, but I will need to take a refresher course on 'What my husband does for a living' before posting the rest of the photos - his baby is in place 17 kms out of Venice with a cute (baby) dolphin (get it?) installed beside it. The other one was installed today but I don't have photos.

Here are the lovely photos of his structure complete with interesting background (they look really good when you click on them to make them bigger). This way you can pretend to admire his structure and really just be scoping out Venice (just kidding Gary, really).


Note:

I was quite suprised that Wikipedia came through for me yet again: "A dolphin is a man-made marine structure that extends above the water level and is not connected to shore."

No comments: