13 February 2011

Wild and Crazy ...


Since I am falling apart - this will be short and sweet ...

A post about the Bed & Breakfast we stayed in - all the rest - I am too tired and exhausted to go through my photos for all the particular places I have been. There will be many more blogs when it doesn't hurt to move, breathe or think ...

Walking around downtown Bisbee, there were bands playing, people dressed up in period costume and a very festive atmosphere. We went to the Copper Queen Hotel to get a room - I mean - it is off season, what could go wrong? Other than we found it weird that at a funky trailer park hotel where I wanted to stay just for the experience - it said no vacancies ...

... tried to get a room and the lady seriously laughed at me. Valentines Day weekend is Bisbees all time, biggest weekend of the year. Ooops! Damn! What are we going to do? The lady started asking her assistant if there were any rooms in town anywhere and he said he thought that the Calumet had one and some other place they didn't know much about.

I immediately called the Calumet and wheee! They had a room that had become available and it had TWO BEDS! Not the best situation for a father / daughter combo - but, hey WE WERE DESPERATE. I was in no shape to go any further and really, really didn't feel like sleeping in the car ...

Arrived - it looked adorable!

Got inside and it was the cutest little period house (a 100 years old) - I was feeling very lucky!

We heard the lady telling a couple that the bathroom was down the hall and I FREAKED! Communal bathrooms .... NOOOOOO!!! I said something to the lady and she assured me we had our own private bathroom - WHEW!!! Boy, and I thought we were going to be in trouble!

Got to the room with the owner:


Lori: (out loud): "Ummmm, the bathroom is RIGHT THERE ..."

Owner: "The curtains shut"

Lori (in my head - screaming): "BUT IT IS JUST CURTAINS!"

Owner (with a very stern look on her face): "Do you want the room, or not? You are lucky - it is a cancellation ..."

Lori to Dad: "You OK with this?"

Dad: "I am if you are ..."

Lori: (screaming in my head ... "NOOOOOOOOOOOO, please, NOOOOOOOOOO"): "OK".

And there we slept - a new experience for me - well - since I was ten years old I suppose ....


Spent a LOT of time laying on my bed staring at the ceiling ... go figure. It was beautiful - it was pressed aluminum:

A few shots of the house:






I survived ... I am impressed - I am a VERY PRIVATE person. Suffice it to say that neither of us showered until we got back to Tucson to my bro's house.

One interesting thing - surprise, surprise I am not the most personable person and breakfast was all together with all the couples at one table - so FORCED CONVERSATION. EEEK! But during the conversation, we discovered that a mission that my dad wanted to show me, but was covered in scaffolding - the scaffolding had been taken down - so a place to go after Tombstone!





And, of course - as is Tombstone ...




... another blog.




Over and out ..

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Forced conversation with strangers is the reason bed and breakfast places don't appeal to me. I'm all about the anonymous chain motel.