08 February 2011

Sedona


We are spending two days in Sedona - so I don't know what I will title tomorrow. Probably "I'm Beat" since I am slowly getting more and more run down instead of better - which is pissing me off to no end ... but the photo taking must go on ...

We went and saw a bunch of rock formations (a few later in the blog ...) then on to the most ADORABLE little shopping center: Tlaquepaque (yes - I came up with the name from memory) fashioned after the same named little town in Mexico (I believe ... sometimes I am not really listening to my parents all that well ...).

A darling little church:

With a beautiful interior:


A frog blowing you a kiss (you will notice that the place is FULL of statues - and I only took photos of a quarter, and only put a few on the blog - they were all SPECTACULAR):




Pretty little archways:

Pretty, ivy covered ... everything:

Scary looking statues - there were about six of these guys - all looking ... fierce:







A mansion as seen from the next few shots of the Church of the Holy Cross:


Church of the Holy Cross:





I probably shouldn't mention that I have an infected toe - about twice the normal size that is making walking difficult - and probably not helping with the not feeling well - so my parents, to my horror, at the Church of the Holy Cross - absconded with a wheel chair and put me in it. My Dad pushed me up half the mountain (OK, that might be a bit of an exaggeration - but not by much) and I was so convinced he was going to have a heart attack ... then wouldn't my siblings be pleased with me ... So all 4 photos above are from a wheelchair ...

Bell Rock (figure it out ...):



Cool tree with roots uncovered - and I am impressed with this photo since I was so sick by this time I really didn't care if I took any more photos for the day ...


Went and lay down at the hotel, Gary called and I told him my parents were going out to watch the sun go down. He reminded me of my 'sunset camera' so I got up and went with:



Coffee Pot Rock:



Loaded my photos, got a second wind, went to dinner and now back at the hotel just finishing my blog so I can crawl in bed ...




... night all ...

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Do take care of that toe!