19 February 2011

Bisbee - Part 2 - Shady Dell Trailer Park Motel


When my father and I discussed going to and probably staying overnight in Bisbee - he mentioned a funky trailer park that my mother refused to stay at - a Motel that was just a bunch of trailers! It sounded fun in a white trash sort of way - so I was all for saying that I had stayed at the Shady Dell Trailer Park Motel.

It was the first place we stopped at on our way to Old Town Bisbee and the office was closed with a 'No Vacancies' sign. Darn!

That did not stop us from wandering the place snapping photos. It was a hoot! I was sure there would have been some big enough for two rooms - and there were - too bad Valentines Day Weekend is their busiest weekend all year ... I really, really thought it would have been fun to stay here.

You might notice most of these photos are 'posterized' (a photoshop term). It just felt right ...


The 'Gilligan's Island' trailer:

The laundry room:


DOTS DINER! Isn't it just THE MOST ADORABLE PLACE TO EAT you ever did see?


Pink flamingos at every trailer ... very apropos ...


We decided this was 'the economy':




And a very cool sign I thought about swiping ... (not really ... sort of):


Alas - we had to stay at a funky B&B that pretty much scarred me for life - but Bisbee was worth it. I just might have to get reservations for this place and make another visit ...

No comments: