19 February 2011

Bisbee - Part 3 - Historic Bisbee


Promise - last post for the day. Just thought that I would get all of Bisbee in and it deserved 3 posts ...

We got to Bisbee and festivities were in the air. There were people all over in period costumes, live music and a TON of people. When we went to get a room at the Copper Queen Hotel (a second to the Shady Dell Trailer Park Motel - our FIRST choice) we were laughed out of the room since they were holding their biggest celebration of the year - Valentines Day Weekend with all sorts of stuff - a romantic weekend for couples.

Me and my father were not as impressed ...


A shot dodging traffic of Historic Bisbee:

An adorable little church that I needed to use my wide-angle lens on since it was surrounded by buildings so looks sort of distorted - and I was too lazy to undistort it in Photoshop:



Lots of beautiful old buildings:








Complete with beautiful old windows:



A ton of old signs on the sides of buildings - but most so old you could not read them:


A panorama of Bisbee (actually as we were leaving - this is out of order):


The next morning we got up and there was a part of Bisbee my father had not shown me: Brewery Gulch - the seedier side of Old Bisbee.

LOVED the graffiti that was everywhere - and I didn't see this cute kid - he was trying so hard to hide! Can you see him?
He seemed to work in a doggie day care just around the corner where it looked like people brought their dogs to be babysat during the day ... that or they were getting ready for some dog fights - I seriously could not tell from the setting they were in ... (but isn't he cute? I vote for doggie babysitting):

This was a freakishly scary looking church ... of ... something ... probably not good. Their was music playing and it was just as weird as the funky statues on either side of this building ...

Kay, probably not right and if Ryan was with me he would have slugged me. I generally don't take photos of people - especially people praying (except I will always regret that Ryan FORBADE me to take a photo in the Notre Dame of a guy praying in one of the corners - he wasn't paying attention and kneeling - with bright red high tops on. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A FANTASTIC PHOTO - but Ryan said he would never speak to me again - through clenched teeth as I raised my camera to my eye - if I took the shot ... so I sighed and lowered my camera - AND HAVE REGRETTED IT EVER SINCE ...). But! THE DOG!!! Isn't the look on his face just priceless - very protective yet bored all at the same time. I LOVE THE DOG!!! Maybe she was on her way to drop him off at doggy day care?
One more shot of a cute old building:

A beautiful old sign:

Some old mining equipment:

And we were out of Bisbee (with me a few pieces of jewelry heavier ... LOVED the shops ... shhhhh).

And on our way to Tombstone ....



... and that will be another day ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the collection of photos! The shot of the old ore cart is really neat I would love one of those in the backyard, next to the wall-o-wine and Mt. Michelin! Se ya later. AJ

Jennifer said...

It never ceases to amaze me how you can imagine up whole lives for people you see! I can't do that. It is very impressive.