09 February 2011

My Troubles are Over ...


Sedona seems to be know for things called 'vortexes' that are special places that have special healing powers. Very cool! I apparently didn't stumble upon any in the last few days.

Seriously - can people be duped by this stuff?

OK, well - I decided to hedge my bets and bought a necklace (it didn't hurt that it was green - my favourite color and that it was cute) but it will BRING ME HEALTH!! I'm cured! I'm sure of it!!! Probably a very wise purchase for me ... I am sure ...


Left the hotel and had a pretty little sight on the way out:


Then went higher ... there was a place my Dad told me about where Native Americans set up booths and sell hand made jewelry ... I didn't purchase any of course (NOT!). And we were into snow ... it made that shopping rather chilly in just a hoodie ...



Then a short walk to an old apple ranch that had burned down and only the foundation was left. Found few signs of life even with the snow on the ground:

Beautiful doorway to nowhere:

More signs that spring is sometime in the future:


Old ranch house:


Funky, high rise garden (I am sure just accidental since 50' above the ground):


Old building by the ranch house ruins:


Weird little hand hewn cave made by the rancher to store the apples:

Pretty light on the bridge:


Cool bridge on the way out of the canyon:


Funky stuff in Sedona:




Then on to Jerome with a beautiful vista with snow covered mountain peaks that my Dad had named ... but I am too lazy to go find him and ask him what they are called:



Jerome is an old mining town - now an artists haven ... this was the last photo I took - then OFF TO SHOP!! (Don't tell Gary):


Back home in Chandler and resting and enjoying my newly purchased loot! (Jewelry, health amulets, nativity and wooden pot ... like I said ... don't tell Gary (yes he reads this ...)). Ooooh! I better get my health amulet on to get started with my magical healing .... (sorry if my cynicism offends anyone ... but ... 'vortexes' ... 'amulets' ... really?)

1 comment:

Cherri said...

Hey, I loved your amulet and even if it just makes you smile, that has healing powers. Just saying . . .