03 February 2011

The Best Laid Plans ...


Getting there:



Have pretty much weeded out all those pesky books that seem to reproduce like bunnies and shoved them all in garbage bags. Emptied the closet upstairs and Gary gets to haul that stuff down - once we decide what is staying and what is going.


But my part is done!

You know, there is something about an empty cupboard ...


'That makes me want to fill it up'




?




No - that would be Gary's answer to what he would THINK I would say as a follow up.


There is something about an empty cupboard that makes me feel like I am not TOTALLY out of space.

.

.

I still have some moving room.

.

.

Some give.

.

.

Not bursting at the seams.



In reality? We are at the 'bursting' stage. I haven't seen the show, but I think I get the idea - we are not at the 'Hoarders' definition of bursting at the seams - but I feel like we have hit that stage. So - I have some projects in store for me.

Every time this donation place e-mails me that they are going to be in the area - I am going to ACCEPT and come up with a theme - shelves, plants, linens, just off the top of my head and go through the entire house paring down that particular thing and keeping only what I just cannot live without. Who knows ... by the end of the year I might be able to live here!

I got rid of tons of church books realizing that we just use the online versions and made room for all my computer books, plus somewhere for my backpack/purse to live - freeing up the table next to me!


This makes me happy ...

Oh and the best laid plans?

Yeah - about that - they aren't coming tomorrow because of the weather.




What!?!






OK, yeah - apparently the city is shutting down - why make the donation people drive around in snow ... in Houston?



They are coming Monday - so Gary will have to live with the stuff hanging out in the entry until then.

This afternoon the theme of the day became: 'Plans that Went Awry' and looking at everything that is falling apart - or has the potential to fall apart - most is due to the weather and Houston's inability to handle cold weather.


** Donations **

Pickup dates get shuffled.

** Didn't look close enough **

Gary, all proud of himself for shutting off what ever needed to be shut off before the big freeze last night, discovered today - that there were TWO things that needed to be shut off and we have water spewing ...

** Delays **

My friend told me that Continental was cancelling all their flights ...

OH! CRAP! Just jumped to the Continental web site and there is a big "Winterstorm South" notice for IAH and a bunch of gibberish for dates ending tomorrow. Yes - tomorrow is not the day I'm flying ... but I don't think that the airport is going to be all that great the day AFTER all flights have been cancelled and whatnot ...

I guess I should be happy I (probably) have a flight out and not harping about the airport being a mess ...


** Daughters **

I got an e-mail today about Jessie's move to the house out here by our house (not really - but closer to us than where she is now). She will be going for a trial night next week, then ask her if she liked it. Based on her answer, she will go for a trial weekend on the 18th, if that works out, she would be moving there.

I saw the e-mail and:
a) freaked out
b) thought that the first stay was a weekend stay while I was gone and was in trouble since Gary would need to go get her and the map to the home online (google maps) mislabeled all the streets and he would never be able to find her for her weekly visit home and, and, and,
c) panicked for no reason whatsoever

Noticed that it was just an overnight stay the first time and the weekend stay was when I was back home - so no biggie ...

No Biggie?


NO BIGGIE?



Crap, I'm going to have trouble navigating this new move/new home thing - aren't I?

No comments: