02 February 2011

Baby, it's cold outside ...


Too cold to do anything other than play in Photoshop.

OK, TOTAL LIE.

My fingers are SO COLD I can barely type! I think the house is a bit cold. So not going so well with computer work. My current 'project' is cleaning out all the books in our house. The fiction ones, that is. I have them stuffed EVERYWHERE. Pre-Kindle days I would read one or two paperbacks a week, depending on how much time I was spending in bed that week. So - there are a few books around here.

I have the Salvation Army or some such group coming on Friday. I like it when they send me an e-mail saying 'we will be in your neighborhood on ...' I can sign up, then in my head I have a little countdown - have to be ready on that day. It helps me de-junk quite a bit.

So ... Friday. Somehow - this became all my books PLUS a walk-in closet upstairs that's not so walk-in anymore. It will be nice when it is done. Until then - keeping my fingers crossed, stopping often and the power of positive thinking is (hopefully) keeping my back from getting hurt. When I start hauling a box of books - there is a spot that keeps reminding me that THROWING YOUR BACK OUT IS NO FUN. And, I'm leaving for Phoenix on Saturday. So things have gone slower today than I thought they were going to be ...

But 'treat time' for hauling a load of books off the shelves was always, always playing in Photoshop.

Does it look like icicles?

SAY YES ...

And getting text to flow around objects ...

Doesn't say anything other than 'Baby it's cold outside' (mostly) ...




... which pretty much sums it all up! Off to work and warm up!

3 comments:

Cherri said...

yes, I see icicles, and cool flow.

Carol Beck said...

I thought I was the only one who rewarded themself after doing a chore! My reward is doing a crossword puzzle!

Lori Hurst said...

Carol I don't think I would get anything done if I didn't have a rewards system!