15 February 2011

Home ...


Got up, went out to breakfast with my dad since my mom is still tending my brothers kids and I wasn't going to cook him anything! Went back - took a few photos of some flowers in their front yard which had seen better days:


And decided that there was free Internet at the airport - I would go - shop, surf the web, and free up my dad to do what ever he wanted and not have to babysit me anymore.

Got in the car and we were off:


At the airport in a jif:





And I made myself a comfortable little nest by a power outlet. Yes, there was free Internet, but I guess too many people were using it or stealing all the bandwidth since I could not get any service ... so gave up and started reading my book.

Got on the plane and discovered that the back of the plane was ENTIRELY EMPTY except for me:
I mean, I have had a row empty - but an entire section of a plane? Never.


At about the EXACT MOMENT I took this photo, I realized that, when shredding my receipts - not going through them first - not only had I shredded 3 Sonic coupons for free drinks - I shredded the location of my car in the parking lot.
OOOOPS!!

I envisioned me with both my rolling bags and a backpack trudging through the parking lot, periodically hitting my 'open' on my key chain to see if I could see the lights turn on on my car.


I'm not a complete idiot - I had an inkling of where it was parked, but was hardly paying attention ... BECAUSE THEY GIVE YOU A DANG PIECE OF PAPER that tells you where you parked. It is brainless ... unless you shred your piece of paper, that is.

I decided to worry about it when I landed and just enjoy my ABSOLUTE ALONENESS:

One of those seats is mine (the one with the scruncy headrest - well, that is the one I moved to so I could take photos out the window - I had an aisle seat ...).

Enjoyed a spectacular sunset:


Then got my iTouch out, turned Pink up to the absolute max volume and blasted her until we landed.

At one point, after staring out at tiny patches of light - little circles of small towns - suddenly there was a giant patch of light and out slipped a sigh and the word 'Home' ...

Odd ...

I don't feel like Texas or Houston are my home. I don't know where I feel is home, certainly not my hometown in Utah, or where we lived in Los Angeles, California - I guess it was the thought of my house, and my dog, and my things, my bed and my pillows and most of all - my Gary ...

Directed the driver of the shuttle to my car without a hitch - then drove home ... weirdly on I10 - the same interstate I had been toodling up and down on in Arizona .... it felt weird ....


Off to sink into my luxurious down pillows from Denmark, crawl under my Woolie from Australia, snuggle with my guy from Utah and fight for bed space with my dog from Norway ...






... and sleep like the dead ...

No comments: