10 February 2011

Tempe & Chandler


My parents live in Chandler and since they were busy with their church duties at the Temple this morning and forgot to give me the car keys - I was a little bit stranded until noon - so into the FRONT YARD for photos (it was the back yard before):


Apparently, my parents don't throw anything away ... this cute little 5' guy came to live with them as a gift - in a teeny tiny little pot:


Love their bench on the front porch:

Then over to ASU's Research Park in Tempe - they are big on palm trees:




At the lake - we ran into some Canadian Geese who were very friendly ... looking for a handout:

See the disapproving look in his eye when he discovered I had nothing:

This one was nice enough to pose:


Then back to Chandler - to old Downtown Chandler. Liked this funky fence:




Lots of fountains and statues ...

Frank Loyd Wright apparently had a house around about here (again ... not listening to my parents ...):


Fun sculpture with mirrors:

Feeling guilty that my Mom keeps cooking for me - so Dad and I took dinner home. A guilt free meal!!

Headed off to call Dell and fix my Dads computer glitch ... a daughters work is never done ...

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I grew up in Phoenix and Mesa and of course never took in any of the sights or places to visit. So your pics and places that you're visiting are pretty cool for me. Of course the window of good weather only gives you a few months of the year to be able to stand outside without having to immediately jump in a pool or cold shower!