19 February 2011

1001


My last oh SO CHEERFUL post was my 1000th post. I am a little bit stunned ... and sort of speechless ...



... sort of. Apparently I can write about anything ... and A LOT ... of, well - crap. It's a wee bit embarrassing - but - there you go. So this is my post 1001 and is a jumble of stuff.

I have been flat in bed .... apparently from my last post - pouting - because I am sick. I was supposed to drive to Austin to take some bikes to Ryan and work out an apartment ... thingy ... but Gary won't put the bikes on the car - told me to rest and go on Monday. So I have been banished to bed or the computer ... I pick the computer.

I might just barf out 5 - 6 blogs of all the rest of my photos from the trip - but I don't know if I have the stamina. Also - Jessie goes into her Pretty Little House, to her Pretty Little Bedroom, with the Pretty Little Bathroom - on Gary's birthday this Tuesday and stays for 4 days (this after exclaiming it was marvelous after her one night stay) and Gary flies to Utah to ski on the next day for 3 days - so I might want to save up the photos for the time when I know that I am going to be STARK RAVING MAD ...


So today's posts real title: Tucson - Phoenix - Houston

This was my photos that I saved in a folder titled Misc. that I took while I was in Arizona and back home.

As we packed the car for our adventure from Tucson down to the Chiricahua National Monument, Bisbee and Tombstone, these hot air balloons floated over my brothers house. They were so close you could hear the people talking and the fire blasting:


This last one above I used the photo below after doing a ton of things to it (remember the sawdust frame? Same thing) in photoshop to frame it.


As we arrived at the Chiricahua National Monument, my dad said "Hmmm, maybe we should have got gas in Wilcox". That was the LAST OF THE CIVILIZATION - FOR MILES AND MILES AND MILES and waaaay back behind us. We had 3 bars of gas - maybe 1/8 of a tank. I froze in place and totally freaked out in my head. I have two GINORMOUS fears in life:

1) Being forced (I am assuming by gunpoint) to sing in front of ANYBODY (even my children probably don't remember me singing to them - and if they do - it has scarred them for life ...)

2) Running out of gas

And not just running out of gas - but running out of gas IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FREAKING DESERT!

In my head I decided just to chant 'breathe', 'breathe', 'breathe' and go with it ...

Dad asked at the Visitors Center where the nearest gas station was and thank heavens it was closer than Bisbee - since we never would have made it - but a small town called ... well - dang! If Googlemaps.com would TELL me the name I would tell you - it is kind enough to put on Sunizona - my vote for the stupidest name in Arizona and was about 3 houses - but won't put the name of this little town that saved us from a horrible death of dehydration or being killed by bandits ... (Started with an E ....)

I worried about it and watched the gauge like a hawk, but when the gauge didn't drop, I started to relax. By the time we were almost into town - we still looked like we had gas - but still - probably not the wisest thing to do ...

Found Timbucktoo on the way into town to get gas:

Passed a pretty little church and after filling our tank and our stomachs, asked Dad if he would drive back and let me take photo. I started snapping photos and realized that the sign on the church looked a wee bit familiar:


Walked over - zoomed in, smiled and snapped a shot:


Pretty little rock church!

Then we stopped for a dilapidated barn:


Straight on to Bisbee where we got our second excitement for the day and found the ENTIRE TOWN booked up for the weekend. But that is in a blog way, way down there ...

On the way out of town we took a photo of the mine that Bisbee is known for:
Seriously ugly ....

OK, and out of order since the mine was after this. Here is a house that we spoke of extensively at breakfast in the freaky little Bed & Breakfast my father and I stayed in. It is for sale! Rather affordable:
The neighbors don't seem very impressed with the place:



But for $640,000 it is yours! (Oh, it doesn't have air conditioning and is 100 years old ... and it is located in Bisbee - so there you go ...)

Arrived at Tombstone and Boot Hill - which will be blogs (as will Bisbee) at some later time - either today or ... whenever ... or never ... and then back to Tucson and my brothers house.

The next day was my infamous crashing and burning and driving back to Phoenix in a pissy slump because I wasn't well and wanted to take photos.

Dad was downloading his photos in the office. I got up out of bed, wandered in to look at one of his photos (probably seething with jealousy) then turned to go back and lie down. Looked at the wall and said: "Dad there is a scorpion on your wall."

Went and got my cameras - took a ton of shots, then Dad put him in a jar, took him out to the driveway and squashed him.

It would have been more impressive had he been bigger than 1mm! I mean, I can't even make him look fierce! But doesn't he have the cutest itty bitty little stinger?

Got home and crashed. Have been in bed for a few days - I have lost count - but I don't think too many - oh - this will be my fourth day in bed ... Gary went shopping last night because I was unable to and brought me home these little cuties:

They are going to be adorable! AND Gary got a smile out of me ....

No comments: