21 December 2010

A Day Late ...

I read yesterday that it was the day ... or should I say night ... of a lunar eclipse that was visible from all of North America. I decided that I would stay up and take photos ...

... but little bit of a problem - I have been having problems photographing the moon as of late - it is just a big white ball every time I take any photos. Even in my 'Blue Moon' photo - the moon is a white ball - it is just a creepy ghost that is the 'Blue Moon'. I am smart enough to know this means that I am over exposing the shot - I need a faster shutter speed.

So - I WAS GOING TO figure all this out yesterday ... but I totally forgot and went to bed - slept right through it. Darn.

Today I decided I still wanted to be able to take a decent photo of the moon. I drug out my manual and re-figured out how to set all my manual settings and started with 1/4000 of a second and worked my way down from there (it was pretty dark at 1/4000 of a second ...):


In the middle of playing with my 'moon shots', Gary asked me to do some odd taping thingy for some spacers that he needs for the armoire that he is building (I have decided with the cupboard - it is an armoire ...) so I started taping up chunks of wood (don't ask ...):


For the spacers:

He didn't have to twist my arm or anything.

A) I get to say "I helped" when it comes to the new piece of furniture

B) He did the grocery shopping for me today

C) My mantle has something new on it (can you see them?) FUNKY FLOWERS!!!
I really like them. Pretty sure the Bird of Paradise aren't going to open, though ...

Well, I have sufficiently overblogged today - it is time to go to bed ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you missed the eclipse, I too chose sleep over the once in a life time astronomical event. Oh well.

So.. the cupboard is now an armoire, is that anything like, the door is ajar?
I think maybe you've been secretively snacking on those biscuits and wood glue... that glue can do that to you!
Take care AJ

Lori Hurst said...

OK, AJ - I have been off the computer - but I am back now.

In my house that boxy square thing that you put clothes in is called a 'Dresser'.

FOR SOME REASON if it has a cupboard in it ... it is an 'Armoire' ...

Although - the 'Arts & Crafts Dresser' Gary is using as a loose sort of template is called just that ... a dresser - therefore I shall henceforth call it a 'Dresser'!

A have not been snacking on the biscuits - but have been 'inhaling' Garys sawdust (he calls it snorting sawdust ...) and it does give you a bit of a buzz ...