18 December 2010

Done!

Sort of ....

The tree has been trimmed:
The stockings have been hung by the chimney with care:

Herre Dame and Jule Nissen (Mr. & Mrs Santa) are lounging up there in their wee little forest just waiting for Christmas Eve when they will don their traditional garb and go off delivering presents to all the good little boys and girls.

Santa, down here, by the Christmas tree is still in a slump from losing his wife to an unfortunate incident with an un-named dogs tail - where she fell over and her face shattered. Faceless Mrs Santa looks more like something for Halloween now - so this Santa shall remain single (unless I find a Mrs Santa looking porcelain face that fits exactly ... OK - really - she is heavy and faceless - I'm gonna chuck her during my 'Great Christmas Clean out of 2011' when I put away Christmas - TONS of stuff is outta here!)


Eagle Scout Santa (look at his accoutrement's ... he is ever so prepared ...) has taken a spot where I usually put my basket of Christmas cards - I keep looking for somewhere to put him - but sadly - with all the souvenirs we have been bringing home from all the places we have been lately - we are sorely out of space ...


I didn't even try to make Ryan do the advent calendar - I was pretty sure he is too old to play the game any more - but something I have had up since they were wee tots and can't seem to not put it up. I liked that the kids got to put baby Jesus up on Christmas Eve and not Santa. This year - he is up all month ...


But! My other advent 'calendar' ... I didn't set up and some one has been decorating the tree!


I am having difficulties finding space for all my nativities:


The above one from Rome and this one from New Zealand have been out all year so they weren't a problem:



But our one from Angola - is sitting out on a TV tray in the middle of everywhere just waiting for me to bulldoze a niche for it somewhere - and to get some of Gary's sawdust for 'ground cover' ...


Had to put my huge one on the counter between the kitchen and great room - no space anywhere else for this monstrosity:


And presents! Have we got presents! Strewn about the floor, the closets, in hidden places -


My Super Duper Pimped out Computer complete with 2 24" monitors:


Gary's paltry dove tail jig:


Piles in closets:


and other closets:



and in un-named places since my son reads my blog ...

Amazon has been making multiple stops at our house daily - and on Monday - I got onto Disney.com and purchased Jessie's ENTIRE Christmas - it will arrive Monday - and she will be ecstatic with the toys, and clothes, and hoodies, and jammies, and blankets ... (I might have gone a wee bit overboard).

Went to Walgreen's and in one fell swoop grabbed up Jessie's stocking stuffers (Gary's and Ryan's required delivery ...) and candy ... just a titch. So that was done Thursday. Mailed off the crap I was sending to family on Thursday too - so ... SO CLOSE TO BEING DONE!



So - here is where the 'sort of' being done is - note that there is not a single present under the tree. I ABHOR wrapping presents. I told myself that today I was going to do some of it - but coming off a serious illness and cold - I might just decide I get another day off ...


So - here is the sum total of what I have not put somewhere:


I've GOTTA find a place for the ADORABLE playmobile nativity (especially if Santa decides to share his weaponry with the wise men ... but that would be just oh, so wrong - so probably not ...) somewhere for my basket for cards and another Nativity - AND I LEFT MULTITUDES OF NATIVITIES IN THE TRUNKS!!!



We need a bigger house ...


**********************

Addendum:


Done!! For real!! (OK, OK, except for the wrapping ...)



Off to wrap some presents ...

or read a book ...

1 comment:

Vicki said...

You are celebrating Christmas is the true Hurst tradition. Mom so loved Christmas. I LOVE your nativities.

I have all the presents (that Amazon has already delivered) wrapped, but other than a tree up (with no ornaments), I have not taken one decoration out of the boxes. That's for tomorrow.

I didn't finish grading until yesterday and we were in charge of the ward party tonight - so I'm way jealous you have your decorations up!