23 December 2010

Trickery ...

Got an e-mail yesterday from my Dad:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I saw your blog. Eat your heart out. There is a secret on getting great moon shots during an eclipse.

Dad
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He then sent some photos in another e-mail and asked me if I could stitch them together in Photoshop for him. Sent him off an e-mail:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Great moon shot! I note you DIDN’T tell me the secret …

… and do you think it is wise to taunt me THEN ask me to stitch photos? (Send the others – I have plenty of time)

Lori
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I then spent the entire day obsessing about the photo ... I WAS SO JEALOUS!!! I had read in blogs and on Facebook that it was cloudy in Houston, so I wouldn't have been able to get any photographs ... but still ...

Later, I saw that he had e-mailed me back (the little villain ...):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, there is a secret way to get good moon shots. Since it was cloudy in Arizona when the eclipse happened, I downloaded some great photos off the Internet. I guess I cheated a bit, but it was fun to see all the good photos taken across the USA. I even have a photo of the partial moon with the Washington Monument. Sorry if it seemed I was taunting you.

Dad
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man! He got me! And as I reread his first e-mail - I realize - he never did say that it was his photo ...

.

.

.

.

... so maybe not trickery after all ...

No comments: