11 December 2010

Cruise - Day 7

St. Kitts

*********


Our final destination on our whirlwind tours of islands was the island of St. Kitts. It was beautiful. We took a tour which took us to some pretty destinations.

I have dumped the photos in here willy nilly - the Internet has been acting hinky - thus the 2 day late post of Day 7 ...

So I will try to label each one:

Old Anglican church - still in use:



Bell tower at a Military Fort at the top of a mountain with the ocean in the background:


One side is the Carribean Ocean and the other side is the Atlantic Ocean:


Ruins of old Military Fort at the top of a mountain:


Old Military Fort:

Ruins at old Military Fort:


Generic Ocean Photo:


Panorama of St. Kitts:

Old Plantation:

Another generic photo of the ocean:


Yet another:

Staircase:


350 Year old tree at old sugar mill factory:


Window at old Military Fort:


And on a final note – this is our last day on the ship – we arrive in Miami tomorrow at 8:00am.

All in all – it was a success. We enjoyed the islands (except for the Dominican Republic – such a downer …) and the weather couldn’t have been more perfect.

I am sure I enjoyed myself much more than Gary did! But: He hasn’t jumped off the ship, killed anyone or been locked up by security – so doing better than I thought he would! He has not been feeling well and that has not helped, but he has been a trooper through all this. It was pretty long – a week would have been better.

So – yesterday, we were outside enjoying the view and the sun reading books and he was saying this was a bit long:

Lori: “So I guess that cruise to the Mediterranean I will be taking by myself?”

Gary: “No, I will go with you … next year”

Lori: “I thought we were going to Switzerland next year?”

Gary: “Then you will have to decide …”


Decisions, decisions, decisions …

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you both had a wonderful, yet busy time. It might be nice to get home and catch some rest. Hope your flight home is easy. AJ