05 December 2010

Cruise - Day 3

Samana, Dominican Republic

***************

Woke up with the sun already risen and the Dominican Republic out the windows:


Had to tender in ... always fun ... but made for good photos of our ship: The Norwegian Dawn:

We were greeted in Samana with colorful dancers:


And a very depressing city:

Made for some good photo ops ... but all the stray dogs and ramshackle houses were just sad ...



Headed from the coast at Samana to the coast at Las Tiernas - have no clue where either are - will need to consult a map when I get home. It was a little nicer, but with all the stray dogs and children begging it still seemed like a downer ...

Did like a few of my photos, though:



After lunch, got back on the bus and headed back to Samana. Saw these lovely hanging flowers while waiting to tender back to the Norwegian Dawn:


And was thrilled to catch the suns rays over the water as I got on the boat that would take me back:


Got on the ship and had to lay down - that sea sick thing. Don't know why this time I am sick - have never been sea sick on a cruise before. Gary told me I missed a lovely sunset ... sigh ...

Probably not going to be our favourite trip on this cruise, but wanted to do something sedate the first day - don't want to wear me out too soon ...

And speaking of that - tomorrow is a little more active. Hopefully we will have some underwater photos to show for it. Whether or not they are any good ...






... waits to be seen ...

No comments: