23 December 2010

Woodworking, Weather and Whatnot ...


Woodworking:
Well, the 'I helped' portion of the 'dresser' (... AJ ...) is over - my taped up 'clampy thingies' were used to put the strips of wood on the front edges:


Lovely, no?
The sides were made ...

... put on and the top made. The top alone weighs more than I want to carry. This thing is HEAVY! I am sure it will be fun to watch my boys get this up into 'Ryan's Room' aka the guest room ...

Needless to say ... Gary is in woodworking heaven ... getting high on sawdust ... and ... well I really don't know what he is doing out there ... I just take photos of the progress ...

Weather:
There is something oh, so wrong about this weather and Christmas. I am outside photographing FLOWERS ...

... just not right ...


Speaking of flowers - my Bird of Paradise opened! I am really glad only one did - how do you say the plural of Bird of Paradise? The other is on its way:


Whatnot:
Per my usual - there was a plethora of things I purchased on the cruise. One thing I tend to get when travelling is jewelry. With the amount that I have - I guess you can say that I 'collect' jewelry - but get to wear it too ... how cool is that for a hobby? (Yeah, I know - just trying to justify it ...)

So this is no surprise - some beautiful amber and sterling silver pieces. Which - oddly enough - didn't come from the islands. The earrings I bought on the ship after staring at them for 3 days and saw the ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS pendant at the Miami Airport! OK, so not as cool as the jewelry I bought in Samana, but prettier ...

But ... the absolute highlight of my shopping on the cruise? A pair of Crocs:


My water sandals were uncomfortable and I had been meaning to buy a pair and try them out before the cruise and forgot. To my surprise - there was the brand named item in the Galleria on the ship! I put them on and was in heaven! They were so comfortable I wore them for the rest of the trip.

And afterwards. Yes - PLASTIC CLOGS ... I LOVE THEM!! Note they are dusty from all my toiling in the shop - and I can just dunk them in water to clean ... I find that feature VERY COOL ...


So - you can tell nothing is going on right now at the Hurst home ... just goofing off and taking photos while Gary plays in the garage and Ryan tries to spend more than 24 hours in a day with Alessandra ...



... the holidays are wonderful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have that clamper thingy making down pretty good.

One word of advise from someone who knows, Croc's are great, but as the tread on the sole wears they become very slippery when wet. Nothing worse than trucking down the lane, only to pull a double-fart-knocker out of nowhere. Sort of like slipping in the tub while shaving your legs, (Not me, my wife.)
AJ