29 December 2010

What Have I Forgotten?


As I oh, so smugly, put it yesterday - I am finished with my computer install. Everything is now done ...

OH! Wait! Except I forgot about ALL MY FONTS! All my PURCHASED fonts that were under the 'windows' folder that wouldn't let me copy it because it was in use ...

OH! Wait! There is a thunderstorm raging outside - Quick! Order a surge protector! Wait ... I have one - whew!

OH! Wait!

.
.
.
.
.

Yeah - that's what I am going to be saying next Monday AFTER my son and his friend have blown away my computer, pimped it out, put Window 7 on it - and, oddly enough - renamed it to: "Edward: The Destroyer of Worlds" ... and it becomes a gaming computer and I am SOL ...

I have TRIED to remember everything ...

I keep thinking about it, going through the motions of all my tasks to see if something is missing, and yet something is niggeling in the back of my mind ... I have forgotten something. Which, I know, the chances are 100% that I have forgotten something or, more likely - many somethings ... but sadly - since that is the nature of the beast ... it is forgotten.

When I finally realize what it is, I will have to decide whether or not it was important enough to purchase again .... hopefully not ...

What I have on my computer I am impressed with. I like Windows 7 better than Vista - a much needed improvement. And everything is running correctly and smoothly. One new feature is your wallpaper can be a series of photos instead of just one and can change at what ever interval you want - 30 seconds to 1 month ...

So I quickly went through my photos and grabbed a few - I am currently living in 2004 - 2006 since I have a favourites folder of my photos from our time in Norway. Right now Ryan is at the Louvre ...
And I have one more piece of software to install - sitting up there patiently waiting for me to get my act together and stop just sitting here staring into space ... thinking, thinking, thinking ....


Someone more on the ball than me?

Gary - he is all done!



I think it turned out rather wonderfully .... and GOOD NEWS!!! He likes it too!!!





Off to think, think, think ...

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Gary did a beautiful job as always!! Seriously when he's built enough furniture to furnish your house 10 times over - he can move on to mine. :)