07 May 2009

WE BE CONNECTED!!!

I am just a wee excited that we actually have wireless Internet in the apartment now. Remember Gary's experience last week - came home, waited between the hours of 12 - 5 - when they said they would come - only to find out the guy came at 11:00, marked him down as not being home and that was that.

Today - the guy calls me - it helped that Gary had now gotten me an Australian cell phone so they could communicate with me. He said he could not find parking and had to go. I told him to park in the loop out front and come in and talk with the management with me. He said OK. Whew!

Got inside, he couldn't park in the garage because his truck was too big. A guy there said give him 10 minutes and he could have his spot. The cable modem guy said he didn't have 10 minutes to wait. I chimed in that we had been waiting a week and sounded rather desperate. The guy with the 10 minute parking spot immediately gave it up, my guy took it, came up, installed wireless Internet - all probably because of how desperate I had sounded down in the lobby!

Being insane definitely has its advantages!

1 comment:

Cherri said...

Way to go Lori - use every advantage. What kind of time schedule are they on, anyway? Is this guy getting paid more if he installs more? I'm glad that you are back connected. Loved the pictures, and I would love an address for Gary there. Tell him to hook me up with his info - I don't think I even have his cell phone now that he got a new one, unless he kept his old number.