09 May 2009

Mother's Day Morning Conversation

Lori, sleeping in the guest room since the queen beds are ok for 1, but used to sleeping on a king size - she sneaks out in the middle of the night and gets in another bed so she is not thrashing around bothering Gary - wakes up to this sentance:

Gary: "You have a phonebook on your head."

Lori: "Huh?"

Gary: "You have a PHONEBOOK on your head."

Lori (takes off the 4" phonebook from her head) "Yeah, it's heavy and I have a migrane - it stops the throbbing."

Gary: "Ok, scoot over - I have 3 minutes."

Lori: "What time is it?"

Gary: "Three minutes to 8"

Lori: "I don't have time to get ready for church (ok, really there was - looking for an excuse ... because:)

Gary: "I thought you weren't going since you forgot your dress."

Lori: "Yeah, I was going to wear that brown pantsuit and just feel stupid." Puts the phonebook back on her head. "If we go somewhere this afternoon, can I bring the phonebook?"

Gary: "Sure, phonebook, paper bag, what ever you want."

Lori: "It is Mothers Day and you just told me it was optional if I went out with you to put a bag over my head!" "Jerk"

Gary: "Shhhh, I have 2 more minutes..."

2 comments:

Cherri said...

You make me laugh! Hope the headache is gone, it is so weird to have you blog about church on sunday as I'm reading your blog Saturday night!

Jennifer said...

Ha ha! I've done the book on the head - textbook.