30 May 2009

Jessies Graduation Part I

We had a good time tonight before dropping Jessie off for graduation. Here was a photo my Dad shot of her. It is very, very difficult to get a good photo of Jessie - her facial expression in general bothers me in photos, thus the absence of all family photos in our house. But I liked this one where he got her laughing. Unfortunately her eyes are just slits, but beggars can't be choosers.

Took her to the school and got her cap and gown on. Then went home to head up to the center where the graduation was to be held.

Dressing For Graduation:





Unfortunately, the graduation was held in a big ass center and we were on the opposite side of the arena from the stage. The lighting was poor and dad and I had an impossible time getting good photos.

I did film her walking across the stage picking up her diploma. Unfortunately: 1) It is zoomed in as far as the baby camera could go and still small 2) She had a teacher helping her across the stage and is on this side of her, thus blocking her 3) I yell a couple of times since I just could not contain myself

The up side - she is the only one walking across the stage with a helper at a very slow pace and I caught two gems: 1) about 3/4 the way through she waves at the crowd with her diploma in her hand and a few seconds after that, athough she is surrounded by people so you can just barely see her head, she gives a victorious pump of her fist straight up in the air! (Note: I just looked at this on my blog and for some reason it is darker than on my computer - thus hard to see the two things I just wrote about, which is a shame - they are so Jessie ...)

But based on what we are looking at, this might be it for the actual photos in the arena.



Tomorrow after church we will get her hair looking better and take some more shots.


7 comments:

Kristie said...

Jesse looks so beautiful and happy in that top picture. It's so good to see her again. I miss her sweet hugs every Sunday!

Shel said...

Yay, How exciting and super fantabulous! Jessie looks great!

Laura said...

I love the video! You can totally see her doing the two things you mentioned. It's great!

And the use of a toad is awesome!

Congratulations, Jessie!

A.J. said...

Congradulations, to Jessie, and her Mom. I'm sure this will be one of those special moments that the two of you will never forget, I'm really happy for you guys. A.J.

Jennifer said...

My fave picture is Jessie giving the thumbs up. She looks like she knows exactly what's up.

Congratulations! I love the fist pump. Way to go, Jess!

Alisha said...

Yay Jessie! She looks so good-- so fun to see her at church today!

Liz said...

Yay, Jessie! Congratulations! She looked beautiful today at church. I love all of her photos but know they can never do justice to all her beauty when you talk to her in person.