28 June 2010

Thief

So ... here I am stealing photos off of Facebook! They are on Marcus Luttrells page and I wanted to share. I also photoshopped them - they were dismally washed out and hazy ... I think these are all cell phone photos ...

CELL. PHONE. PHOTOS. UGH!


I can see why they have Marcus sitting in this photo now (scroll down a few):
It is the helicopter that rescued Marcus - I doubt this is set up with the full set of guns, etc that it had that night (don't know what that missile launcher looking thingy is on the front ...). If Jeff flies 'armed' he has to wear his side arm ... I seriously doubt he came to Houston 'packin' heat':

Yeah - what is Marcus here - a foot taller than my brother? And Jeff seems tall (OK tall'ish) to me!


Was happy Jeff got to do this. Sounds like a busy day / night for him (his wife also flew in on a commercial flight). I hope they had fun - I think there was a lot of activities set up. It was nice to hear that there was a memorial for all those that lost their lives in this situation: the four other Seals and the entire crew of the Chinook helicopter that went in initially to pull them out which was hit by a RPG.

Jeff text'ed me while I was on my way to Austin yesterday and ... I forget the reason - not security - I think safety something ... happened and they had to unexpectedly land in Austin - I hope it got resolved quickly and he was able to get back home to Tucson!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Chicks dig the resuce guys!!!