19 June 2010

Home


Got up, staggered out of bed and was greeted by a freakin' cheerful rainbow this morning:

AMAZED I snapped a photo. When I am sick - the first thing to go is my desire to photograph anything at all. Two headed zebras, a koala with a kangaroo in a headlock, you know ... the usual ...

Threw all my crap in a bag, loaded up my laptop, cameras, external hard drives, a dozen other gizmos. Gary fortunately found my brand spanking new Manfrotto tripod I got for my birthday and packed it in my bag for me. Said goodbye to my family (all alive and probably not permanently scarred for life by me ... I will have you know ...) and stumbled out to the car. Threw myself in the backseat for the 2 and 1/2 hour drive to Portland and just worked on 1/2 hour intervals at a time ...

And eventually ....

I was in Houston!

Snapped a photo of a lovely sunset as we were driving home - so apparently my shutter finger still works ...

Just talked to Gary - he has landed in LA - on his way to Sydney then Brisbane (couldn't get the direct flight to Brisbane, poor guy) and I SO don't envy his trip. Told him I hoped he had a lovely Fathers Day on the plane. Said our goodbyes, double checking the day I arrive in Australia, gave him the update on Charlie and Ryan ... and now ...


.... here I sit: exhausted, sick, alone (Ryan immediately abandoned me for his girlfriends house ... go figure). In tremendous pain and can't bring myself to go get in that beautiful, lovingly handcrafted king size bed of mine.


I remember stumbling out of it to get my act together for this trip and I can't stand the thoughts of lying down in that downy 1000 thread count prison for even a minute ...


.... what to do

.... what to do


.... sigh .....



... it's going to be a long night ....

No comments: