12 June 2010

In a Quandry ...

- Got the airline tickets (not an easy thing to do - fly from Houston to Phoenix to Fresno, then fly out of Portland, Oregon - all the while trying to match up Gary's itinerary which spans from his arriving last week to his leaving right after us in Portland for LA and on to Australia)

- Rented the car

- Reserved the hotels - complete with a bed for Ryan (which Ryan appreciates immensely)

- Have mapped out the route - can tell you to the MINUTE how long it will take us to get from Fresno to Yosemite, from Yosemite to Redding, CA, from Redding to the Redwood Forest, from the Redwood Forest to Lincoln Beach, OR where we will hook up with the rest of my family for a family reunion.

It's all there -printed out and waiting for its travel folder:



The problem? I have NO IDEA what I am doing. Yosemite? Does anyone know what to do in the park when you only have a couple of half days? Not me.

Redwood Forest? No clue. I believe that I am going to see some ginormous trees ... impossible to photograph, but ... there you go. Am I missing something? Are we going to miss the point of the entire National Park? I HAVE NO IDEA.

And Lincoln Beach, OR - and MY FAMILY. What to do, what to do. I'm not saying that being trapped in a house (albeit a very large house) would drive me to slaughter them all in their sleep at night - but ... well - lets say they think I am weird, I think they are weird and leave it at that. I NEED A PLAN!!! Something for us to do the two days we are there and I am stumped.

So - two days before lift off and I am scurrying to catch up from a week in bed. Just printed a 24 full color brochure/booklet of Yosemite out of sheer desperation - I hope it helps.

Any of you out there that have a clue about these places and could recommend something ... anything - it would be appreciated by me (and my extended family who would rather not be slaughtered in their sleep ... I imagine ... I really don't know how bad it actually is to vacation with me ...)

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I'm sure you will find lots of great things to do in all of those places. I am of no help - never been, but maybe you could put me in your suitcase!

Anonymous said...

Given your present state of mind how about free base jumping from El Capitan!!! No one would know :-)
Seriuosly just ease back grab the yoke and go for it. Hope you have a good time. AJ