25 June 2010

Compulsory Blogging

Not a lot of things on my list of "Things To Do Today" ....


it's been that way for a while now. Same old, same old - do too much, land in bed trying to recover so I can make my next 'event' where my list of "Things To Do Today" consists of more than 'breathe'.

But today - I had a mandatory, HAVE TO DO item. What is so important that it comes (almost) before breathing?


Blogging.

I MUST post today ....


Why? Gary is getting antsy, people are asking, Mom's probably worrying - 'cause when I don't feel well I don't blog. Too bad the inverse is not true ...

Ahhh, yes the magical post - wouldn't it be nice - the post that cures all ills ...


Anyhoo ...


Next problem - what to post ABOUT?


Hmmm, let me see ... OH! Got it:

A LIST:

Things I learned on my Family Vacation (in no order whatsoever)

- Someone will always have a cooler camera than you (not that mine is crap ... I'm just sayin ...)


- It is a $5000.00 fine for feeding the wildlife at Yosemite

- In Oregon - you are not allowed to pump your own gas. How weird is that? The first time we filled up, we just thought that the gas attendant was super duper friendly (although Ryan did admit that he thought we were being car jacked by a guy in a Shell shirt for a moment ...). The second time the guy came tearing out of the store yelling at us that we could not do it ... sort of cleared things right up for us.

- The Oregon Coast is really, really, really green ... and where it is not really, really, really green - it is really, really, really blue ...


- It is physically impossible for me to observe sunlight shining on water and not snap a photo


- I have a genetic mutation that FORCES me to snap a photo of EVERY single flower that I come across










- My family:
isn't so bad ...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm from OR and every time they vote on whether or not to change the gas pumping policy my dad votes against and my mom votes for.
Loved your pictures...made me miss home.

Cherri said...

I'm so glad you survived your family vacation with your sanity intact. It is fun to be with them, but so busy and hectic. So many opinions to cater to. So congrats!

Anonymous said...

That is quite the collection of bridge loiterers you have there. It make me wonder what is so darn captivating down below? Hope you had a pleasant family visit, and look forward to reading the and seeing the things taking place in your part of the planet. AJ

Lori Hurst said...

AJ - Sea Lions! Lazy, lazy sea lions.

Kristie said...

The gas thing cracks me up! What are they afraid of?