11 June 2010

Getting There ...


I believe I was out of bed TWICE yesterday! A huge improvement over the three previous days ...

Today, I think I can say that I have been up more than I have been down - but that might be pushing it. But the end is in sight!!!

I feel bad that I am flat in bed and Gary is in town.

Does this bother the man?

No.

He couldn't tell you where I have been the past few days - except for some quick saw-dusty sorties through the bedroom with a distracted "You don't look so good ...." comment thrown in.

Why?

This:

Gary's home, thus a new project is taking shape. This one is a multiple part series that should keep him busy for some time to come. A guest room. Yes. A bed, dresser, shelves, desk, night stands, etc - he is in saw dust heaven.

Who isn't in sawdust heaven? Ryan. Hmmm. Where is the guest room going to be? Yes. Ryans room. He is feeling a bit, well, thrown out I guess is the best term to use ... which is probably true.

Hey, we will let him sleep in there when he is home ... unless we have guests ...

Here is the very start of the foot board:

It was standing up last I went to give my 'OK' on the peak size, but in the time it took me to decide to pick up my camera FOR THE FIRST TIME IN TWO WEEKS and when I said it looked fine, he put it on the ground. It will look quite different than this since it has slats in it - but an uneven spacing and one wider than the others ... I guess you will have to wait to see it, sounds weird. We saw something like it on the web and liked it so Gary drew it up.

So - I am up - planning for our trip, downloading new maps to our GPS system, trying not to barf or sweat or shiver and almost pulling it off! What an improvement! It only took me 5 - 6 days to get here ...

1 comment:

The Sullengers said...

All the word work is so impressive! I wish I had the skills.