27 June 2010

Math Class is Over



Ryan suggested that I not blog in "Emo" and I think that I agree - the calculator has been put away.

Ran into beautiful weather on the way to Austin - snapped this photo through a bug stained, dirty window (if you look close enough - you see the reflection of our sodas). No clue what was up with the car ('up'! Hah! Pun! .. never mind ...):

As we arrived into Austin, Ryan decided to take me on the grand tour - having spend a lot of time last year here (his girlfriend goes to school here). Fell in love with one particular building:


Very funky! Very cool! Could only photograph the top from the front window, maybe there will be a better vantage point tomorrow:


Then we drove past the capitol - was impressed with the photos through the window and randomly shot backwards - so they made the 'blog cut'. Also impressed that there were wires strung across the road and the edit / fill / content aware did a wonderful job getting rid of them (those that I was motivated enough to do ...):



UT's infamous UT Tower:

And now we have retreated to our respective corners to 'play':



Um, what I really meant to say was that I have been in bed resting while Ryan surfed ....

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I respectfully disagree. I appreciate knowing what you are dealing with emotionally and healthwise. The fact that you can do all you do when you feel the way you do is MOST impressive.

Cherri said...

Ditto Vic. You are amazing and we wish we lived closer to take advantage of all your amazing-ness! I love reading your posts - I have to admit to a serious addiction, and oftentimes I check yours first (don't tell my kids that, but since they don't update often, I usually just see the same post for days in a row)

Hang in there, keeping busy is half the battle, and it sounds like busy is exactly what you are right now.

What was the first building's purpose? It was really cool looking.