05 January 2010

A Year In Review


Well, this is a bit late, but I was bored. I have come to the conclusion that I am addicted to all things photography. Being 'apartment bound' for two days trying to get some rest, I have been seriously jonesing to take some photographs, but of what? If I were my Dad, I would be able to find something to take pictures of - it is a gift he has - he can take photos anywhere, but everywhere I turn my brain goes 'been there, done that'. I have literally photo'ed myself out of things to take pictures of in and from the apartment.

So I decided to play with my photos and that led to reviewing my photos I have taken over the year of 2009.

Year 2009. It was a good year for the Hurst family. I know that I am very blessed for all that I have and all that I am able to do. I know my limitations and they slow me down, but don't entirely stop me. I have a beautiful family, a wonderful home and I consider each day a new adventure. I will be eternally grateful for this time of my life.

(click refresh if you want to start at the beginning of the year/slideshow)



This was an unusual year. I was afraid it was going to be a year of goodbyes, of empty houses and lonliness. It is, some, but mostly it is a year of new beginnings, a year of adventure, a year of growing - for everyone in our family. It is nice to see Jessie become more independant, same for Ryan and as for Gary and I - well, even though we don't live on the same continent - I discovered that love knows no boundaries and we were bound and determined that this arrangement would work out, and it has - spiraling off adventures all over the place!

I look forward to 2010 - not quite knowing what is happening with a lot of things, but - hey - I can deal with that! I already know it!

Here's to your 2010 being everything you want it to be and then some!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Rhonda said...

I enjoyed that. You have some beautiful pics.

Liz said...

who the hell does anonymous think they are? this blog has always been awesome...original and creative in every way. The jessie letters teach me and help me in every way, they are my favorite.

A.J. said...

I promise it wasn't me, (anonymous).
On Monday I felt like a stalker, after I saw the 15th picture of the Story Bridge (I like it, I really do) I decided to use Google Maps in satellite mode to try to triangulate the location of Gary and your apartment. There were plenty of clues from earlier posts, the walk on Queen Street with your Mom, the vast collection of Bridge Shots, I had it narrowed down to a few possibilities, but wasn't sure if you were using a telephoto lens. It was like playing "Where's Waldo"? So today as read your blog and watched your year in pictures scroll through, I saw it.
I was close, So here's my guess bases on Google Satellite and your picture I think it's Admiralty Towers One.:-)
It's been quite a year for you and your family. I feel privlaged to have had the opportunity to share it with you. Take care, Kiddo!

Lori Hurst said...

AJ - you're good!

Jennifer said...

Looking at your year of photos, I feel like your year has flown by faster than mine. Jessie's graduation just happened, didn't it?