03 January 2010

Byron Bay and the Boys

Headed to Byron Bay today. We have been there before. I have blogged about it before - but ... new stuff today!

First off, the hike:

I shot Ryan down at the tide pools:


So did Gary:

Why is Gary's shot so much clearer / closer than mine? I am up here using my telephoto lens:

While Gary is down there. I decided I really didn't want to come back up, so I didn't go down. They had a good time and Gary shot Ryan playing on another rock:



Then the obligatory photo stating you are at the Easternmost point in Australia. Note: Ryan is thrilled:

But then - cool shots afoot! A couple of hang gliders drifted into the sky along the light house:



And another:



Then, just hiking up to the lighthouse (I wasn't a complete wimp) I noticed I had my favorite shot: NO PEOPLE in it (OK, sort of - I can photoshop them out)!
And another shot on the other side - sans people:

So all in all better shots of the light house than I had before - with an interesting hang glider thrown in just for fun.

We also drove out of rain and got beautiful skies, then drove back home and into rain again - so we had a nice sunny day (after church) than we would have had if we had stayed home.

3 comments:

A.J. said...

I love the architecture of that lighthouse. It has a bit of an Arabian flavor about it. Do you know how old it is? Is it still active or more of a historical landmark? Keep the pictures coming, they look great!

Cherri said...

When you say you "shot" Ryan, you didn't actually shoot him, did you? I think you should be careful of your wording, the cyberpolice might think you are confessing to a murder! Nice pics, I need to send you pictures of our snow to make you properly appreciate what you have going there!

Lori Hurst said...

AJ - Sorry I am late looking this up. It was built in 1901 and I believe that it is still in operation. I cannot confirm that on stuff I have read about it, but the light 'disc' thingy that throws out the light is still spinning and I don't think that would be happening if it were no longer in service. I have not been there at night though - to see if it is lit.