04 January 2010

Can't Sleep


Monday night. Midnight, laying in bed staring at the city and I can't sleep. It could be that I am tired and run down, it could be the sunburn we so should have known we were going to get (the ozone layer above Australia has thinned and it is a guarantee you will burn without sunscreen and we did not put on sunscreen - thus we deserve to be lobsters - just sort of ... forgot) but, no somethings not right.

I can't put my finger on it as I stare at a familiar skyline. Whats wrong with this picture? I can see the entire thing from bed. The balcony is made of glass so does not impede your view when you are horizontal.

What. Is. It?


Ahhh, yes - Story Bridge. It is in an awkward state:

Can't you see? Half blue half white lights. I guess they can't swap them all out in one day! I will be happy to see it 'normal' and white again - the lights are much brighter than the blue lights.

Ahhh, maybe NOW I'll go to sleep.


Later ...