28 January 2010

All Over The Map ...



I was going to call this "Things I did Today" but it is only a bit after 3:00pm and, well ... the blog is seriously all over the map. I think I have ADD today.

Things I Did Today:

1) Got Charlie Groomed:

Yeah, love the funkadelic bandanna too, but if she wants to take it off, I am thinking she can do it herself. She smells ... funky. Like she has perfume on. I wouldn't put it past the groomer. I get her groomed at a groomer / kennel combo and when I went to pick her up, saw the weirdest thing on the counter. It was a spray bottle that said "Strong enough for a man, made for a dog" which just sounds down right stupid. Anyhoo - I read on and it said it was, and I quote: "Dog Perfume" with a picture of the little Taco Bell dog on it (the spelling for them eludes me right now - and Rat Dog is just rude ...) on it. You know, I'm thinking, if your dog smells - spritzing it with perfume ain't going to do it. How 'bout a bath? (Oooops, um - Alisha - I am not talking about YOUR dogs - I like them. I just call dogs I don't know 'Rat Dog' ...)

Here she is eating grass in the back yard - does not bode well. Although I forget right now what it means ...

2) Went to the Dentist:

Well, just staple a halo to my head! They have only been trying to get me in for a cleaning for about 6 months. Bad, bad Lori.


3) Discovering Old Photos

While e-mailing me the photo of my feet from my Blackberry, I spied this classic that I took at LAX to upload with the post where I was actually laying on the floor of the airport while Gary pretended that I didn't exist - but you can't upload photos to Blogger from the Blackberry.


Better late than never. He is in what I call his 'travelling zone' here. He just zones everything out and ignores you and everything around him completely. If the place burned down - I truly believe he would burn down with it ...



4) Decided "I'm Keeping It"

The out of place table, that is. It is for Ryan. Gary made it and two end tables for him, and last time he was here, he tried to fit it in the back seat of his truck and it would not fit - so he left it. I decided it had to go somewhere until he comes and nabs it - so here it is. And I just love spreading out on it. Throw a couple of my PhotoShop books there and they are off my desk but I can still refer to them. It has come in handy. (Oh, ignore the junk on my desk - it looks pretty bad right now ...)

What? It doesn't match, you say? Well, IT MATCHES THIS:


OK, maybe not that one. Yes, the entirety of my Christmas decorations are sitting on it right now - my nativity and my angel for this year. Go ahead, JUDGE ME. Actually for anything: that they are still out, that it was the sum total of my decorations, that I am currently babbling - I just don't care today ...

Let's look at this one instead:


See, it has something that matches IN THE VICINITY. Isn't that good enough? Yes, you can tell that I skipped the Interior Decorating classes in college. Ooooh, by the way - that is the crystal vase I dropped in that creepy dream about being at KaDeWe in Germany. I can't look at it now without seeing it shatter in a million pieces .... dreams SUCK!

Ok, I won't keep it - Ryan might be mad ... and he hasn't even scrolled down yet ....


5) Put one, yes that is ONE flower vase in Garden #2
At this rate it will be finished some time in the summer. The sunflowers. I had a sun I bought that I thought would look cool (you can see it in the photo of Garden #2 in the post from a couple of days ago). Put it up and it creeps me out. Sitting at my desk, every time I look that way - some creepy sun is leering at me. So I blocked it with a pot of flowers ....


Yeah, the babies are still sitting in my sink will be potted in those pots just sitting out there on the floor. But that involves moving a huge bag of potting soil I bought over a week ago from the back of my car to the shed and to the little potting cupboard I have in there - it is bigger than I expected, so heavy. I can see a soil related disaster in my future ....


6) Played around with a fun technique in PhotoShop while harassing my son at the same time ....

And that is hard to do since he does not live here and is no where in the vicinity!

I am going to find a purpose for this because it is fun. You blur a top layer of the photo then 'paint out' parts of it and make them dissapear showing the in focus photo below.

I call this "Creepy Ryan":



OK, probably not nice. How about flowers:



I just might have found a way for family photos to work for me:



As you can tell, all the important stuff happened this morning and I am too lazy to do any thing else of value today - so I will just keep dicking around. But ... get ready ...

I WILL SPARE YOU and not write about it.

Later ...

3 comments:

Cherri said...

I love the photo technique - now I can be photographed with my grandkids and not look at the picture and wonder who that old person is. I will just blur me out!

Court said...

Yes! 2 classics in one post...we all know you're back in the saddle when we get a foot shot. :)

Jennifer said...

Yipes! Ryan!