30 January 2010

Woke up on the 'Idiot' side of the bed today ...


Things haven't been going well this morning. Things have been all skiwampus, discombobulated, and just plain off.

All night, well for the first part of 'all night' I kept fighting with the dog. She would get up on the bed, spin around a couple of times, then plop down RIGHT ON TOP OF MY HEAD. The third time I got a doggy butt in my face I yelled at her to get off the bed, wondering what was up with the crazy mutt.

This morning I awoke to arctic temperatures and no dog in sight. I thought back and realized after I had yelled at her, she had left the room because she was not on my bed, nor in her doggy bed. I realized that the heat was running and that I had turned it off last night ... boy - I thought - that dog is talented ...

Eventually I realized that the upstairs heater was running (I had turned off the downstairs heater) and went to check what it was set to. It was set to 60 degrees and was working hard. Found Charlie up there curled up on the couch enjoying the warmth. The dog is smarter than I am.

The house was freezing, it was very cold outside:


and the first time I had turned on the heat since coming home from Australia was last night I was so cold. I think Charlie has been sneaking upstairs to keep warm - I have noticed she has been absent from the room I am in the last few days - an oddity for her. Like I said: smarter than me.

I used to think I could stand the cold. I grew up in Utah and remember waiting for the school bus without a coat on and a foot of snow on the ground. It eludes me now why we did this - thought we looked stupid in a coat? It wasn't cool to wear a coat? Didn't have a coat (kidding mom)? Or were we really just that stupid? But I don't remember it phasing me much - no scarring for life. And this morning after crawling out of my 'woolie' (an Australian Wool duvet) which Charlie was obviously trying to share with me last night - I was so cold - I just might be scarred for life. And I don't have any fun really warm clothes - so I sit here, freezing.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Went shopping and got a cart of stuff - everything except the thing I went shopping for ...

Was cleaning my hand sprayer overnight - it had started spraying in all sorts of directions except where it was supposed to (lime deposits) so I was soaking it in lime remover. Freezing, went over to put it away, ran some water on it to rinse off the cleaner, leaned it to see if the lime deposits had cleared up and something (the very naughty side of my brain) sent a signal down my arm to my fingers to clamp down - yeah - sprayed myself in the face, all over the front of me with FREEZING cold water! I think I am brain dead. I have no idea how this happened.

Got myself cleaned up, and now I am just waiting around to accidentally burn the house down ...

2 comments:

A.J. said...

If only we had one of those perspective button thingies mounted in some (discrete) spot, so we could get ourselves realigned.

Might I suggest, just stay away from any power tools, you know like; skill saws, radial arm saws, jack hammers, any thing that uses an open flame. At least until this condition of discombobulation wears off.
Talk to you later.

Jennifer said...

Did you know that kids are actually less sensitive to weather extremes than adults? Explains a lot.