20 July 2011

When Did It Get So Complicated?


Gary and I are headed to Island Park today for family reunions on both sides of our families. First my family is all getting together, we pick somewhere each year and everyone tries to make it. As my sister is moving to Hawaii in a few weeks, she might not make it - but ... no worries: 1) I have four sisters - what's one? And 2) this sort of helps us decide where to go next year!

Gary was wise enough to give his siblings the dates that we were going to be up in their neck of the woods and mentioned that we would be there - feel free to stop by -which they are going to do!

Island Park, in my 'Big City Lingo' is a 'suburb' of Yellowstone so we will mostly be playing there, well, mostly we will be taking pictures everywhere we can find that is pretty - which is pretty much everywhere up there.

Yes.


Me.


Family Reunions.


TWO OF THEM.


I haven't wigged out yet, but I am assuming that is just waiting until I have an audience. But does explain why, when we are flying out today and Gary is all packed that I have just barely made it through what cameras, electronics and their attachments I am taking. I now need a nap.

If I had the time, I would, but I probably have to take clothes and shampoo and crap like that so I really should get my act together, or at least CONVINCE MY BRAIN THAT I AM GOING ON A TRIP. I am in denial. Probably Family Reunion Denial.

Why? Well, for one I have to try to be on my best behavior which is easier around some than others, but mostly because I am coming off of / still in a sick phase and I am LIVID that I feel so crappy. So it will be the same old, same old: 'Oh, Lori doesn't feel good, she will be laying down while we go ... where ever'. I'm tired of it, the families have GOT to be convinced that I am the biggest hypochondriac in the universe, and most of all I am mad that I feel so crappy - because being mad about it HELP SO MUCH ...

So - my electronics - since my brain feels like it is made out of papier-mâché paste, I had to lay everything out and make sure I had cases, charger, syncing cords, etc. And, oh my, when did I get to the point where I absolutely could not travel with less than this:


I know, it is a small photo to try to fit everything in, but there are about 5 cameras, cases and chargers. A kindle and its case, charger. An iPad, it's case and charger plus a car charger ... you know, just in case. An iTouch, it's case and luckily it shares a charger with the iPad. My phone and it's charger. My laptop, mouse, cords, external hard drive, universal card reader and headphones thrown in just in case I need them.

I am exhausted! I know I need to get clothes and toiletries and whatnot (call me and tell me what big thing I am missing, please - there is something ... like underwear - but that is in the category of clothes and will probably remember to take them. I just have a feeling that there is to pack: electronics, clothes, toiletries and WHAT?!? I feel there is something big - please let me know, oh, say in the next three hours if you know what it is ... thanks).

Packing be damned, I am off to bed for a minute and see if I can get my brain screwed on straight. And maybe make a list of stuff to pack to justify it.

Unless there is some big burning post that is burning a hole in my brain (LIKE I AM GOING TO HAVE THE TIME TO BLOG ...) you will hear from me next from Idaho. We have wireless in the room, but the lady at reception says its not so great - so don't know what I will be able to do ...

Later ...

2 comments:

Vicki said...

We're so excited to see you. No stress. I think we'll do a whole lot of sitting around talking, eating, laughing, and playing with electronics.

Jennifer said...

I can't believe you take five cameras.