25 July 2011

No, I am NOT Dead ...


Contrary to the facts that I ate a bug, then Gary cursed me by singing the: "Their was an old lady who swallowed a fly - I guess she'll die ..." song a million times, then you NEVER HEAR FROM ME AGAIN ... I am, indeed still among the living ...

It's, um, complicated, so I will go into details in another post.

LOTS, and LOTS of photos have been taken. I sorted some out that I really wanted to share in my "Thursday Post" but, among other things, I was apparently delusional since there were 45 freaking photos! And I was going to get the time to upload them, when?

So I broke this post down and it SHOULD be titled:

"Thursday Until Noon"

A half day of photos, and a very SLOW half day for photo taking ... and it becomes something I felt that I could handle.

Got up, left the hotel at a reasonable time and headed straight for a Wal-Mart for a GPS device. While there, we bought a cooler, drinks and all sorts of munchies which we are still snacking on!

Hit Brigham City and I was doing what I do while being a passenger in a car and bored - I roll down the window and snap photos, of course! Some turn out, some don't, but hey - it gives me something to do! While reviewing my photos that evening which is a bizarre ritual I have - I download all my photos for the day to a folder marked that day, delete the photos off of the camera(s) cards so they are fresh and clean to start a new day in the morning, go through all my photos - deleting the blurry, bad and just plain ugly ones and turn the photos that need to be rotated. The last step before I can go to sleep is to back the folder up to my external hard drive.

So ... anyway as I was reviewing my photos (very late that night) I came across this one and noticed the big, bright, white building on the right'ish side of the photo and was confused - Brigham City being a city we once lived in.

Lori: "Gary, does Brigham City have a temple now?"

Gary: "No, I don't think so ..."

Lori: "Well, then, they have upgraded the tabernacle in a VERY BIG way ... come look at this photo."

Gary: "Oh, I think Brigham City has a temple now!"

Slipped on by us without us even noticing. I had no idea - or I am wrong ... but I am not - I blew the photo up very large - there is nothing as distinctive as an LDS Temple ...

Stopped at the PRETTIEST rest stop in Idaho that you will ever see!

Flowers abound:



And walking back to the car I turned my head and spotted this quaint little scene (don't know where the bridges take you ...):


I have to admit, this next series of photos COULD be from after we had lunch, thus violating the fake post title, but I liked them and have PLENTY for a "Thursday After Noon" post so I threw them in.

We were toodling along, turned the corner after admiring field, and field, of the prettiest green you ever did see, when suddenly it wasn't all green anymore! Got out of the car and took a ton of photos. Don't know what the yellow is in the background - never walked out to see.

Here is my attempt at 'artsy' (sad, isn't it?):

And here is a series with my camera taking in the whole scene:
Twist the lens and move the shot in closer:
And a little closer:

And, finally, the pretty little guys that make up the first stripe in this beautiful scene! It just so happens to be photo number IMG_9998, which means that I took one more photo (probably of the EXACT same thing) which was photo number IMG_9999 and then one after that (probably STILL of little blue flowers) which was photo number IMG_0001 which means ... my blinking photos are out of order - not chronological for the day and it is AMAZING how much that annoys me!

As we were leaving we spied a little shack hiding down the hill a bit:

We stopped in the CUTEST little town called St. Anthony for lunch. We had gone there previously with Gary's sister and our brother in law (of the javelin throwing fame) who live in Rexburg and decided to go with a sure thing, so got the name from Cherri and off we headed.

This is the cutest little drug store, sitting on main street ... ADORABLE:


And here is the interior of this quaint little cafe. Scary thing? I don't remember going there before. Everyone INSISTS I went with, and I thought when I got there it would jog my memory, but ... nope! I have somehow wiped the memory completely off the hard drive in my head ... and the food it good! WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER BEING HERE BEFORE?


Right next to the cafe is a lot that has the beautiful and the ugly all jutted up against one another. This shack has seen better days, and while I LOVE to photograph old buildings, I am sure it is an eyesore being right next to Chiz's Cafe:


And on that lot, just to the right of the shack is the most beautiful, most green, most perfect leafed bush growing ... very large. I loved the color, how it just reached the bottom of the concrete ... what? ... mini retaining wall? And how it paints the sidewalk with its shadow:


So there you have it! Our day Thursday up until we ate, which if we are getting nit-picky, wasn't right at noon - it was one-something.

I have SO MANY PHOTOS! It will literally take days to go through them all, process them and get them on my blog - but by golly, I am GOING TO MAKE YOU LOOK AT THEM!




Later ...