10 April 2010

We Have Video!!!

If you didn't catch it on in my post: "Perfect Moments - Part Deux" that I was/am enormously thrilled to have run across koalas in the wild, then ... well - you just weren't paying attention!


I took a couple of videos of 'Perfectly Poised Koala' and was so excited to have some snippets of him ... until I looked at them on my computer and realized that in my excitement, I forgot that you need to keep your camera in landscape mode or your video will be sideways. I was heartbroken that I couldn't share the little bit that I got.


So, tonight, I decided there had to be a way to rotate the video - which, up until now, I could not find instructions for. Off to Googleland I went and found a very convoluted way to do it! But it worked!


Granted, there is black strips down both sides to fill in the gap and it is smaller than the regular landscape mode would have been, but THEY ARE VERTICAL!!!


And short. I didn't want to make them so long that it was impossible to upload to my blog. And, oh, turn off your volume! I didn't even realize that I was doing it ... but I was talking 'baby talk' to him. SO LAME ...


Here is Gary taking a photo of me filming the little guy - with the camera sideways.


And it is a bit jiggly - too excited maybe? I was back a bit and had to zoom in - so that might be the reason I look like I am jumping up and down while filming.


Without further ado ... I present you: 'Perfectly Poised Koala' - acting INCREDIBLY bored:

(don't know why they are blank to start with ... just click 'play' and the image appears)


It doesn't get any better than this ...

... life is good!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He doesn't seem to worried about your presence. It looks as if he's wedged in the fork of that tree that he can't get out.

Lori Hurst said...

He looked like he was just lazying about to me! I think it is two trees close together - maybe he couldn't decide which one to climb up.

Anyhoo - he was not there when we passed on the way out of the forest - so not stuck!

Rhonda said...

Can't get any cuter than that! I've sure enjoyed your adventures and pictures.

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing! He is so, so cute, and doesn't seem at all fazed that you are right there. What a great experience.

Cherri said...

Well, the baby talk should have let him know you are friendly! He was so cute, glad you got to have this bonding experience. I think perhaps you are finding your second life - photographer extraordinaire- going around the world taking pictures for us couch potatoes that can't quite get up and out the door!

The Sullengers said...

Those videos are awesome! Thanks for sharing your amazing adventures!