29 April 2010

It's Magic!

OK, so I know that carpet cleaning is really not 'blog worthy' but then, what of my posts are actually 'blog worthy'? Not. Many.

So .... last week Gary was here and suggested that maybe we should get our carpets cleaned. The edges of the carpet were getting grungy and it is white, so being the 'obedient little woman' that I am (that was SO HARD TO WRITE) I scheduled someone to come in and do it for me ...

Today was the day of the invasion:

My biggest complaint - having not noticed that the edges were getting grungy - was an area rug in our great room that has spots on it. Could I have cleaned them? Yes. Probably in a heartbeat. Have I cleaned them before? Yes, but not for some time. So every time I crossed this rug I felt guilty. Guilty at my laziness, lack of enthusiasm for my home to look spic and span, wondering where that woman went - so I would just avert my eyes and move on.

I can't believe I am posting a photo of how dirty it was, and I did ENHANCE it in Photoshop so you could see it, but still, doesn't it just scream SLOB?


Charlie was unceremoniously dumped in the backyard - not very happy about it:


And they went to work:


And ... OH. MY. GOSH. Wonders of Wonders. Miracles of Miracles. I HAVE A BRAND NEW AREA RUG. And Gary didn't think I was even going to clean it - maybe he thought it odd, I don't know, but when he called while they were here I told them they were going to clean it and I got a 'oh' in response - I guess I really don't know what that means ...

Charlie got a little miffed about being outside, but has settled, or resigned herself to the fact that she is going to be tied to a chair for a few hours - at least until it gets a wee bit dryer in here ...


Don't know why she is blue in the photo ...
Who knew carpet cleaning could make my day? And so early in the day too!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Charlie's a smart girl - she isn't going to just take off and wheel that chair behind her?

Lori Hurst said...

Yes ... if I leave the room ...

Jennifer said...

And so you also are tied to the chair. Ha ha ha!