05 December 2009

OK, So, He May Be A Little Nuts ...


Actually, that is no secret - he jumps off cliffs at Lake Powell, he scuba dives, he gives me that little smile when my head is about to explode (and if a fork was handy - I'd stab him for it) and a plethora of other crazy things

But ... it's official. Gary set his alarm last night for 3:00am to log on and register for the MS150 and got in! He discovered yesterday that he had missed all the registrations except on and that one was the next day (or his morning) ... so lucky!

3 comments:

A.J. said...

So tell me is this the MS 150 that runs through the Colorado Rockies? That's some pretty heavy riding, if it is. It will be fun to hear of the event from our blogging correspondent, camera on the ready maybe we'll get the finish line snapshot.

Lori Hurst said...

No (thankfully) this goes from Houston to Austin in Texas. With a stop for the night in an adorable itty bitty town called La Grange. I have been tasked with finding someplace to lay our heads for the night in La Grange, and since 10,000 other participants will be trying to do the same (actually I have no idea how many are going to be allowed to ride - I have only heard it fills up fast - my brother did the 'Tour de Tucson' and it was 10,000 so that seems to be the going size of a bike 'race') this might be a very impossible task.

I will drop him off at the start, meet him in La Grange then on to Austin to find that perfect spot for the finish line shot (being that I am 5'2" tall, this will be next to impossible unless I crawl through all the other photographers legs and get in front).

The MS150 is a fundraiser for Multiple Sclerosis and is 150 miles long over a period of two days. Houston is flat, but they will ride into the 'hill country' with its ups and downs - but nothing like biking through the Rockies!

Jennifer said...

Can he get me onto Wheel of Fortune? I mean, if he survives. What am I saying? Of course he'll survive.