12 December 2009

Do You Have Room?


My brother sent me a 'gift' this evening and I wanted to pass this gift along. I haven't really got into the 'spirit' of Christmas yet - too much after travel catchup, too much what to get him, too much what to get her, too much Christmas decoration avoidance ... it just all gets in the way. But every Christmas, well, I can't remember all of them, so maybe most every Christmas, there comes a time - a moment in time - when Christmas becomes ... well - Christmas. What it is meant to be. Like a light switch. Suddenly it turns on and all the distractions disappear. It is brief, it is beautiful ... I wish it would stay. It's like a Christmas light shining through one of my Swarovski ornaments bursting with brilliant rays of color rather than the dim light shining through a cheap glass angel.

It makes me feel good, just briefly, since I am one of the many that seems to be depressed at Christmas, overwhelmed at Christmas, annoyed at 'Christmas' - but I can sit back and remember - that moment - The Moment, and the dark swirlies go away - if only for a minute. It is enough.

This was My Moment.

(And for my non-Christian friends - I hope I have not offended or annoyed)




I hope you find your 'Moment' and find room ....

5 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I needed that reminder.

A.J. said...

Lori,
That was nice. Thank You.

Anonymous said...

So great, had to copy it to my blog too. Thanks!

Lori A said...

Thanks for sharing! I loved it! My kids did, too!

Jennifer said...

I never had a moment last year. It was pretty dismal. This year, thank goodness, many moments. But your articulation of it has me appreciating it more.