02 December 2009

Content


As the sun rose this final Thursday here in Australia, I felt like I did OK. No major disasters to mop up. Mom and Dad are pretty much still intact. Gary hasn't even seemed antsy to shove us out the door and get on with his 'bachelorhood'!


Thousands of photos taken, thousands of wonderful memories stored in my brain and thousands of laughs shared with my husband and parents. What more could a girl wish for?

And now on to 'home' in Houston ... where I believe that there is some sort of holiday coming up, yes? It will be a huge slap in the face when I get there, but Gary will be home on the 18th, Ryan home somewhere in that vicinity and I need to decide how many days Jessie will be home. We are keeping it simple this year. A few decorations, probably no tree (can't do it myself - maybe Gary will fold and do it when he comes home) and small gifts all round.

Then Gary, Ryan and I will jump on a plane on the 27th and head back here for some summer fun. I won't be here the usual 3 weeks, I think maybe 2'ish but enough that I am not so sad leaving this beautiful home, beautiful view, beautiful husband.

But it is a blank slate after that - have to start planning when I can get over here before Gary moves home. I can't come to terms that the 27th would be my last trip here (and Gary doesn't get home that soon).

So ... just a quick look around, a smile of contentment and a 'See you later' to all around me ....

1 comment:

Court said...

Nice work--way to keep it simple.