18 December 2009

The Downside of Christmas


Well, I have been flat in bed for days and unable to do much of anything except make Ryan do my bidding (such a good son).

Gary got home today and he is all I want for Christmas!!

Unfortunately that might not cut it for my children (although they will be happy he is home ...) and I have not really started with Christmas. Not decorated - that just might slide ... Not shopped - ugh - and anything from Amazon has to be purchased ... well - soon.

Tomorrow is going to be ugly ...

But then again - I am not that brave - the last weekend before Christmas? I don't do that. I will venture out ... tentatively on Monday .. or Tuesday - or maybe we will just forget the whole thing ...

4 comments:

Liz said...

I'm with ya. I hate Christmas. I would love to just celebrate the birth of the Savior with some food and call it good. Good luck, once you set your mind to something you do it like 120%.

A.J. said...

Sorry your not feeling well Lori.

I think that you have a great gift in your possession, and with a little photo shot magic you could put together a great collage of your year in pictures, in four part harmony.

I'm sure Ryan is old enough to appreciate the sentiment and it might be nice to recapture some of those moments as a family.

Court said...

All the chaos of shopping and crowds is the reason Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday--full of gratitude, remembrance of blessings, good times, and good food. The end.

Jennifer said...

You sure are living on the wild side. Why don't you just tell everybody Christmas will be later, once you hit the after-Christmas sales, and you can all eat candy on the 25th.