29 December 2009

Déjà Vu All Over Again ...


Well, here we are in Gary's apartment in Brisbane, Australia. Really. I KNOW my photos look like I stole them from an earlier trip and I am currently sitting at my desk in the States, but really - we are here! I would have taken photos of both Gary and Ryan to prove it to you, but the both really, really hate it when I take pictures of them while lounging / sleeping in bed. Lazy butts.

Since the sun comes up at 4:15 am, I don't do well after that - my body screeches 'DAYLIGHT!!!' and won't stop until I get up and do something - so in reality, my boys aren't all that lazy - just sensible and still sleeping.

Yesterday they went grocery shopping so we would not starve and Ryan handed me the most beautiful white lilies muttering something about Dad saying he didn't dare break the tradition (I am SO mean - probably would have killed him in his sleep if he hadn't brought me flowers!).
And then a lovely surprise: glass on Brisbane River again. Smarter, I did not go jostle Gary awake screeching like it was Christmas morning and I had the latest and greatest electronic gadget under the tree - I just went and got my cameras and started snapping away:

But - I don't know if we are going to do anything different with Ryan here or just go hang out at our favorite haunts - so I'm hoping for a two-headed kangaroo or something equally exciting to capture with my cameras.

Here's to hoping ...

No comments: