30 December 2009

New Years Eve

Well, things aren't going well here in computerland in Australia. I have a couple of blogs I wanted to post, both having a fairly large video. I started the first one and actually waited 3 hours for the video to load. I knew it took longer here in Australia - they limit the upload / download speed. So - I started the other one and we headed off for a late breakfast and an early showing of 'The Lovely Bones' - I had read the book and wanted to see the show.

Got back and my computer due to disuse had shut itself down, so both uploads failed. Not cool - so I started them again. I am seriously assuming that they will not finish until 2o1o and that is if I keep my computer 'alive' the entire time. We will just have to see how it goes!

I am a bit ambivalent about this decade ending. Granted, it was ten times better than the 90's were to me and I am hoping the trend keeps.

As for resolutions, I have resolved to give them up. They set me up for disappointment and discouragement - a perfectionist and a almost non-attainable goal is not a pretty picture. Aim Low. That is my new motto.

Tonight will be fun. There is a party starting down the river at 3:00 pm and fireworks at 8:30 and at midnight. It should make for some new photo ops! We are apparently going to sit around like slugs until then, though. Go figure.


Well, in a few hours I will be in 2010 while for 16 - 19 hours y'all will still be in 2009. How weird is that? Ryan is feeling ripped. He says he lost his Monday and isn't getting it back until he goes home (backwards over the international date line) and that will be in 2010 - he says he is not so sure if he feels comfortable with extra time in a year that he doesn't know anything about. Could he come up with something more bizarre to complain about?

I am pretty sure he can ...

Talk to you in 2010 ...

2 comments:

Alisha said...

It's funny how you think Ryan's "complaint" is bizarre. His line of thinking sounds like someone else I know... :) Happy New Year! Have fun in Australia!

Jennifer said...

DId you like, "The Lovely Bones?"