25 December 2009

Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas, y'all! For all you out there celebrating Christmas hope you have a day filled with family, food and gifts!

We had a small Christmas morning - minus decorations - but Christmas Cheer was high - that comes from having a perpetual 3 year old in the house - Santa is possible, reindeer's still fly and Christmas is still a magical time.

Although when said 3'ish year old goes to live on 'her own' she does not play with toys and her mom was told she needed jammies. Thus she got jammies and some other clothes. OK, I am not a complete bitch - she got some toys ... some little ones.

But, she might have been jammied out at the end:




And when she got a shirt:




We had a rule this year. A RULE. Gary came up with it (remember that). Since we were counting our trip to Australia as Christmas (we really didn't know what else to give the family ...) we had a limit of $35.00 for each other and had to THINK. Since we just buy what we want, this was a difficulty. I WAS GOOD. I got Dad a dresser valet (container?) so he didn't have to use a Tupperware dish on his dresser for all his crap. Ryan got him sunglasses and a CD. I spend HOURS thinking up something and the best I could do .... a calendar - complete with my favorite pictures of 2009. Yeah - a CALENDAR. But I put my heart in it.

They ... CHEATED. They decided I was impossible to buy for and got me a nearly $300.00 Kindle. Not that I don't LOVE IT. But they seriously got the math wrong. Calendar / Kindle ... man - I'm such a loser.

On a brighter note - we got our picture hung last night and I had a wonderful night sleeping beneath the beautiful New Zealand skies, water and mountains ...

Hope your day is great ... I'm off to play with my Kindle (get me a gadget and I am in heaven for quite some time!)

3 comments:

A.J. said...

Just like my grandma, it was always P.J. for Christmas. Looks like you guys are doing okay. Take care down under. see ya

Val and Marceil said...

OK, but I want to see your calendar to see if your favorites and mine are the same.

Dad

Pops Stargell said...

Good grief...the New Zealand canvas above your bed looks amazing! Looove it.