31 July 2008

Angels

My friend Bonne's son died five years ago yesterday. He was 23, just graduated from college and on his way to law school. He had a seizure in the middle of the night. Bonne, Linda and I had lunch together today and she was taking flowers to his gravesite and we went with her.
It was a cool, very old cemetery with some famous Texas people buried there. My favorite was a gentleman who had a marker that said that he was born a slave, but when he died he was a senator for the state of Texas. My favorite markers, though, were two angels I stumbled across walking around:




'One Armed Angel'

The first person died in 1927, and the second, my favorite, died on December 23rd, 1896. Who knew a cemetery could be so beautiful?

3 comments:

Val and Marceil said...

This was nice to see and listen to the music. I am so glad you have these two friends.

Mom

Val and Marceil said...

I liked the angels too. It looks like a nice cemetery.

Dad

Cherri said...

I loved that second angel best. She looked friendly!